Friday, February 25, 2011

Infection or Cancer...

Barely even have had time to grieve for our loss of Pepper & now our Taffy may have cancer :((...praying the lump under his left eye (right eye in the photo) is just an infection. We will know in a couple of days if the antibiotic clears it up.
Bookmark and Share

Thursday, February 24, 2011

She is Gone...

 Pepper, my parents Black Lab left to join her sister, Cassie, in Heaven this evening...she will be so greatly missed. We love you Pepper-Pot!
Bookmark and Share

Still Holding Our Breath...


(Update): Evening 2 of Pepper to the Vet for subcutaneous fluid injections, to rid her kidneys of the toxin. About 20 minutes and then she comes running down the hallway, and 'Let's head home'! One more treatment, then bloodwork to see if the 25% kidney function has improved. I force feed her a couple bites of food a day, along with her meds. I feel so sad for her to have gone 9 days now without eating.
Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Still Holding On...


So the latest with Pepper is that my parents are bringing her in for iv fluids the next 2 days (they did yesterday) & trying to feed her tablespoons of food...she did have 4 Tbsp. today & has gone for a walk in the woods so staying cautiously hopeful. Thank you for your continued prayers. ♥
Bookmark and Share

Monday, February 21, 2011

She's Slipping Away From Us....

The vet called & seemed to be upset that the other vet we saw gave us possibly false hope w/Pepper...my step-dad though is still not ready to give up...he's joined a Canine Kidney group online to see what might still be done to save her (which breaks our hearts even more)...our vet said to decrease some of her meds & see if this helps any...but if she doesn't start eating soon we have to let her go. :(( ♥
Bookmark and Share

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Holding Our Breath...

 Holding our breath for blood work to come back tomorrow...if it comes back normal Pepper has about 6 months before she may not be able to walk any longer...she has an infection but also the worse case of spinal arthritis the vet has ever seen...so it will be a question of 'quality of life' if the blood work is ok. Staying hopeful & prayerful ♥
Bookmark and Share